Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Icing topped with OMG Delish Candied Carrot-Pecan Crunch
A scrumptious carrot cake with a cream cheese icing and topped with a delicious candied carrot-pecan crunch. A perfect desert to top off a savory Thanksgiving meal.
Write a review
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup canola oil
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 2 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 3 cup grated carrots
- 1 cup pecan (optional)
- Beat eggs, oil, sugar, sour cream and vanilla until smooth
- Combine all the dry ingredients, and then add to wet mixture
- Stir in carrots (and pecans if you choose).
- Bake cupcakes for about 25 minutes or for 2-8” round cakes bake for about 40 minutes.
For Cream Cheese Icing
- Cream 1 stick of butter with 1 8oz package of cream cheese and 1 tsp vanilla.
- Gradually add up to 4 cups of confectioners’ sugar until it is the sweetness and thickness desired.
For Candied Carrot and Pecan Crunch
- Saute about 3 Tbsp of chopped carrots, 1 Tbsp brown sugar, 3 Tbsp chopped pecans and a tab of butter for about 5 minutes.
- Put in oven for about 5-10 minutes to get crispy.
- Sprinkle on top of cupcakes or cake.
Shore Cake Supply http://www.shorecakesupply.com/